Ok, so from now on I will do a weekly review of my week every saturday. Why this saturday to start something so auspicious!! Well, because I am working today but why , why ..... :( tht's to do with my joining a new place where my boss wants me to mug the whole business in no time so that he can milk money,as simple as it sounds. What he does not know though is that his new " coolie" has acquired certain expertise in wasting productive air-time ( heck, if they dont use this term... the way it's been used here). Will post the whole service range very soon for everybody to use.
Ok the Weekly review:
Monday: Office, tried to get freindly with all the people in the office. Succeded intermittently. one lady though looks and talks to me in such a fashion as if I have taken some substantial loan from her and absconding since!! I don't know why but she treats me like a big loser. Sigh! Maybe because of the perpetual female urge of kicking a male ass made me her latest victim. I understand having kicked all the available male asses (which is not in abundance in our office appearently) you don't have much to explore.
Went through the whole process understanding and service matrix ( blah, blah, blah). A normal monday all in all.
Tuesday : Refer to "Monday" last para. Replace "Monday" with "Tuesday". Met Akki after office, glad to learn that I am partner in a new start-up which involves Akki and Pups other than me!!! Thank god, I would have died if they made me meet the client and say ok so you are a part of the company deal with the jumbo now, very much possible when these above mentioned junkies are around. Infact there was a scheduled client meeting as well the next day which never happend thankfuly. I am excited, even though I know that I will be doing the chunk of shitty work and these two guys would just gas around. I hope to start this without further delays.
Wednesday: The most dreaded day of the week, the mother of all weekdays, the never ending, the saddest the gloomiest. The day when the ennui of a week reaches its crescendo, I dislike it for one more reason, I have to attend the class of the program I am a part of, and our instructor thinks that the only purpose of our lives is to write assignments for his class. I like going back to the class but sometimes it's just too much to handle. Spoke to mamu after I reached home. She wants to be a part in our start-up too. No worries I can outsource a lot of work to her :D....good for the business too as she is more content and less or no guess.
Thursday : Some stupid bee hit me between my right eye and the ear. My eye got swollen like anything, I looked more like a junior artist from " The Pirates of the carribean". Managed to get sympathy looks from everybody in the office...no no I was coming to that, nothing can deter my fav. collugeue from giving me that nasty look of hers. She stood there looked at me blankly like ...so?? you want me to be nice with you and smile at you just because you are being stung by a bee!! Not that "She's got a smile that it seems to meReminds me of childhood memoriesWhere everythingWas as fresh as the bright blue sky"....but I just want to see as to how she appears smiling. Don' see it happening. Anyways, met Akki and Monty after office and they had their ususal doses of small fights-for-no-reasons. Bugs me big time but I love them anyways.
Friday: A haaaa!! It was raining here in Delhi and how!!! Friday cometh... but cometh with bad news, a guy who was in our team in office has put his papers and all set to leave, not however, before giving me the complete download of the clients he was handling so that I can take over because he was instructed to do so.. phew.... basically in layman's terms..... my shitty time starts now. Just two weeks old and all set to die.
Scotch session with papa.....he got all inspired and tried his hands on chicken tikka masala after watching Vir Sanghvi's latest show. Didn't come out that well, although he is a super cook, absolute perfectionist and the best thing... he passed on the legacy to me, so that makes your's truly a pretty decent cook too. The scotch was still the scotch though, ever so smooth.mmmmm.
Saturday: This guy who was to give me that download, was one maverick of a number cruncher man. I spent my day analyzing the things he did in the last one year and it was crazy, he did stuff like store optimization in the most complex manner. I am so disoriented, the heat is obviously on.
And there is a party at Akhil's rooftop, the view from there is breath- taking, infact I am late and they have called and cursed me for I don't know how many times so I am going now. Catch you soon.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment